Re: tempo markings

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: tempo markings
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 09:04:18 -0700

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

That has possibilities and might solve another problem. I'm going to post a question or two about vertical spacing when I get a chance. My tempo marking is too close to the notes right now.

The padding property is your friend, for example:

\property Voice.TextScript \override #'padding = #3

Thanks.

As I checked this out in the docs
   * padding: Bar numbers <cid:part1.09040708.04050203@ultrasw.com>

takes me to Bar Numbers. Under BUGS there is a hyperlink "padding" which refers to padding/html but there is no padding.html on my installation which is:

LilyPond 1.6.4 which is the latest binary version  from Debian

I wonder if there should also be something under Vertical Spacing. That's where I looked.

- define a "tempopart" part which looks like this:
tempopart = \notes { s1^#(note (something "= 120) see-refman) }
In your parts, include both the actual part and tempopart.
\context Staff < \violinpart \tempopart>
In the full score, only include the \tempopart in the first staff.

That sounds more straight forward. I'll work on that.

This is what I've always used. We should probably add an example of this solution in the section "An Orchestral Score" in the tutorial.

Does that mean in the manual also?  I use the index and the manual mostly.

Thanks,

Paul