Re: no heads issue...

From: Michael D Barker
Subject: Re: no heads issue...
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 23:39:36 -0500

Al Arduengo <address@hidden> writes:

> Alas I have discovered that the reason I saw no heads to notes or
> dynamic markings appears to be related to my machine. I tried xpdf,
> acroread and gv to view the pdf and ps formatted files with no
> luck. Then, on a whim, I looked at them on my Windows box and voilla!
> All looks fine. Now I have the unfortunate task of figuring out what
> is missing. Anyone have a hint?

I had a problem with missing note heads on Fink/Jaguar.
ly2dvi -p didn't work for me, and neither did dvipdfm.
When I use them the ps file and the pdf file are both missing
note heads.
(I tried the example file as well, attached is the output
of ly2dvi -p)

Happily, though, ly2dvi -P and ps2pdf does work for me.

Michael