Re: common rests between two voices in one staff

From: Klaus Zimmermann
Subject: Re: common rests between two voices in one staff
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:59:21 +0100

Hi,

first of all thanks for the quick answers!
However after reading the fine manual I found
a far simpler solution to the problem which might
be interesting to those who helped me(and others)
as well:

simply set the #'maximum-rest-count property of the staff.

e.g.(typical SATB piece without accompaniment) in the paper section:
\score {
  \paper
    \translator {
      \StaffContext
      RestCollision \override #'maximum-rest-count = #1

Bad enough with the next piece I ran into the next problem:
to anyone with experience with that maximum-rest-count thingie:
doesn't that affect multimeasure rests? how can I make it to?

tia Klaus