Lyric Alignment Problem

From: Matthew Sachs
Subject: Lyric Alignment Problem
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:32:31 -0500

I'm attempting to typeset a piece which has multiple parts (SATB),
each of which have two verses of lyrics.  I can't get the lyrics to
align at all with the notes, either via \addlyrics or by manually
specifying the duration of each syllable.  I'm pretty new to Lilypond,
pardon if I'm missing something obvious - I didn't see anything in the
documentation.  I was able to get the first word to line up with the
first note by doing:
        \property Lyrics . LyricText \override #'alignment = #7
but everything else is still off.

Lilypond file attached, TIA.