Re: Two Problems with a SATB-Choir Score

From: Ronald Hoellwarth
Subject: Re: Two Problems with a SATB-Choir Score
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 18:47:37 +0100

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 01:45:35PM +0100, Ronald Hoellwarth wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 11:23:04AM +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> > Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > > I recommend that you upgrade to 1.6.x
> >

> Thanks. That helped. But now I'm facing another problem: I had some
> fermata in the score. With v1.4.12 I just had to do d4-\fermata on the
> soprano notes and e4-\fermata on the bass notes to get the fermata above
> the soprano-notes an below the bass-notes.
>
> With the change to v.1.6.5 I didn't change the fermata but the one that
> used te be below the bass notes is now above the tenor-notes and is
> interfering with the stem of the tenoer-note.

OK. replying to my own post is an indicator that I didn't try hard
enough - but the fermata-problem is solved:

d4_#'(music "scripts-dfermata")

was the solution. Sorry for bothering.

> Another question:
>
> I've the lyrics between the upper and the lower staff. There are 3
> verses and i added them with different stanzas. But there is a part (the
> refrain) that should be at the (vertically centerd) position of the
> second stanza and should have "1.-3." as prefix that should appear under
> the \bar "||" that separates the verses and the refrain
>
> I tried
>
> "1.-3. Frie" -- de
>
> but then the piece in quotes gets centers under the note for "Frie"
> instead of getting the 1.-3. under the bar and only "Frie" under it's
> note.

The solution to this problem is still a riddle to me. Thanks in advance
for thinking about it.

greetings from crailsheim, germany
ronald höllwarth