Re: how to add a melody

From: Jule Slootbeek
Subject: Re: how to add a melody
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 08:31:03 -0500

you could use voices like so

< {a2 b2} \\ {c,1}>

will give you an a and a b on top of the c.
you can also use the chord structure,
<a c e> which will give you the A minor chord.

Jule

On Monday, Nov 11, 2002, at 07:41 US/Eastern, neuro Hwang wrote:

I really appreciate the answers from Graham Percival. Thank you very much :)

One more question,

How to sudenly, (not of a regular voice), add a melody on a regular melody?
For example, a measure goes like in

---
global =  \notes {
  \key ef \major
  \time 6/8
}

upper =  \context Staff \notes\relative c {
d4. d4 e8

% at this very measure, I'd like to add a
b2.                              % a 2 beats of b
}

lower =  \context Staff \notes\relative c {
}

\score {
 \context GrandStaff <
 \context Staff = upper <