more Scandinavian

From: David Bobroff
Subject: more Scandinavian
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:35:03 +0000

When I saw the "Scandinavian characters" subject line I thought I would
hear of a solution for my problem.  It didn't.  So I tried a search on
lilypond.org for "t1" and found this:

If you use lilypond-book or your own wrapper files, don't use
\usepackage[[T1]{fontenc} in the file header but don't forget
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc} if you use any other non-anglosaxian
characters.

Now does that mean that I must use lilypond-book for my score and put,

\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}

in the preamble?  The character I need to use is not simply an accented
vowel but is the Icelandic eth (ð), or \char240.  Is there not a switch in
Lilypond for using the latin1 charset or is it done only with LaTeX via
lilypond-book?

Thanks,

David Bobroff