Re: more Scandinavian2 follow-up

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: more Scandinavian2 follow-up
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:20:17 +0100

David Bobroff wrote:
But now a related question about font encoding:

As I saw when working on this problem the *.latex output of lilypond seems
to include \usepackage[t1]{fontenc}.  I infer from this that the ec fonts
would then be used.  Apparently it is not so simple.  Is there a plan to
make it so that the ec fonts are used?  Also, for typesetting songs, or
even titles, in a non-Roman alphabet, like Russian, it would be useful to
be able to call on some Babel type of switch.

Certainly, I tried to submit a solution about a year ago but it wasn't
accepted as it wasn't general enough, see
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/lilypond-devel/2002-January/000354.html
and the followups in the February 2002 archive.

  /Mats