Re: Scandinavian5

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Scandinavian5
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:56:16 +0100

David Bobroff wrote:
Maybe you don't have the latest version, 20020911-1, see
/etc/setup/installed.db

tetex-bin tetex-bin-20020911-1.tar.bz2 0
tetex-tiny
tetex-tiny-20020911-1.tar.bz2 0

Looks current.

~$ zgrep inputenc /etc/setup/tetex.tiny.lst.gz
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/inputenc.sty

Are you sure that you don't have this file on your system?
Maybe it's enough to update the file name database by
calling 'texhash'?

How do you view the result? To get nice-looking PDF output, you should
do:
latex file.latex
dvips -Ppdf -G0 -ulilypond file.dvi
ps2pdf file.ps

I tried these commands with the options you suggested.  I got mktexpk
complaining:

mktexpk: Mismatch mode ljfour and resolutoin 8000; ignoring mode.
mktexpk: Can't guess mode for 8000 dpi devices.
mktexpk: Use a config file, or update me.
dvips: Font ecrm1200 at 8000 not found; scaling 600 instead.

I got several versions of this.  One for each font, I presume.

Correct, Type1 versions of the ecrm fonts are not available in
teTeX. Since last year, there are free versions of these files, though,
that you can install yourself. See
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/ps-type1/cm-super/?action=/tex-archive/fonts/ps-type1/

Still only one page is produced and not everything (only the first system)
is produced.

Weird! Have you tried some other example as well?

   /Mats