RE: Using Lilypond with OpenOffice?

From: Guido Amoruso
Subject: RE: Using Lilypond with OpenOffice?
Date: 05 Dec 2002 01:05:11 +0100

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 00:03, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> address@hidden writes:
> > >Adobe reader is not free software; I couldn't care less.
>
> > Second, I asked about whether Adobe's SVG reader can read
> > the output as a measure of the state of the SVG output and
> > nothing else.
>
> The only way to find out is to try out for yourself, since I don't
> have Adobe SVG, and nor has Jan. If you want, I can send you a
> .sodipodi file.
I've played with a little trick with feta svg fonts just yesterday, then
I've read you discussion and permit to join.
I was able to create a basic and incomplete svg font based on Lilypond
feta20.pfa: then I inserted it in the <defs> element in my sodipodi file
(created with Lily 1.7.9) and visualized first with Batik on Linux
[which is free software: only just a little bit too slow, takes about 3
minutes on a G3 700 with 256Mb...], then tested with Windows Adobe
viewer. I think the export works perhaps even better than Lily developer
think (good work!)...
It should be readable with any viewer supporting svg fonts (let me know
whether you know some more than those I'm using), so Sodipodi doesn't
work in such a way!

I can send my file to anyone interested (or send it directly to the
list,just tell me if it is possible) and also a jpg/png export to make
you see what I do see!

In the next days I can also explain what I did.

Bye,
Guido