RE: Using Lilypond with OpenOffice?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: RE: Using Lilypond with OpenOffice?
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 22:57:20 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> > 3. It is very likely that contributions to the project I'm
> > working on will come from people to whom OpenOffice or Word
> > will be a challenge; TeX is out of the question.  Text-input
> > Lilypond will also be out of the question for these people;
> > the GUI will be required.
>
> >"The GUI" for lilypond? Which program is this?
>
> Isn't "Denemo" a GUI front end for Lilypond?

Yes, but it is not "the" GUI. Denemo development has been stagnant for
a year or so now. If you need a GUI, you can try RoseGarden
(rosegarden.sf.net) or Noteedit
(http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html)

SVG samples are in http://lilypond.org/~jan/sodipodi/
(eg. trip.sodipodi)