Re: Key and accidentals in Lilypond

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Key and accidentals in Lilypond
Date: 06 Dec 2002 15:43:51 -0500

    Simon> if you really want this approach, you could try abc. in abc
    Simon> if you put a piece in a key-signature, then you have to
    Simon> explicitly state the accidentals.

    Simon> http://www.gre.ac.uk/~c.walshaw/abc/

    Simon> i do however think that lilypond is way more powerful, and
    Simon> produces better looking music. this is my personal opinion.

Or you can do what I do, and type your music in ABC, which I agree is
a more logical way to transcribe music from already-printed staff
notation, and then use abc2ly to turn it into lilypond, which I agree
produces better-looking staff notation than any of the (other) ABC
applications.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

If I haven't invited you to my Christmas party
<http://www.laymusic.org/party.html>, I'm sure it was an oversight.