Re: Using Lilypond with OpenOffice?

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Using Lilypond with OpenOffice?
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 14:41:03 -0700

Ray Peck wrote:

How about using GIMP to capture the images and create any efficient image file you want to insert into your OpenOffice document?
I'm using GIMP for some things, but I want to avoid using pixmaps
as much as possible, and I want to be able to edit the pasted-in
image afterwards without keeping extra source.  Building the notation
in OOo Draw lets me do this: the notation is scalable to any size, and if I want to change it afterwards I can edit it however I like
by pasting it back into Draw.

If I could get SVG output to transfer from Lilypond to OOo, I
would get beautiful, scalable notation and if I wanted to edit
it later I could do so (in Draw).

Here is an OpenOffice Writer document doing what you described with a JPEG which I believe is not proprietary. It was acquired with GIMP and cropped and scaled and saved as a JPEG and inserted into the document with "Insert/\Graphic fome file." In OpenOffice writer the image can be rescaled.

Note that I did this quickly and the image is not of top quality.
HTH,

Paul