Cresc & Decresc

From: Ralph Little
Subject: Cresc & Decresc
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:14:07 -0000

Hi all,
I having some trouble with crescs and dims.
How can I attach a cresc or dim. to a single note?

I have tried something along the lines of

\notes {
        \time 4/4
        <{a1} {s4 \< s s \! s}>
}

...or something like that (sorry if syntax is wrong!)

But the spacing does not seem very nice. Also, it's a bit of a mouthful for
what I'm trying to do!
I have also seen situations where there is a cresc AND dim on a single note.
I can see why the above has a certain desirability because you can sort of
specify the exact timing of the crescendo.

Is there any easy way to get around this?
I am using 1.7.3 on Linux.

Cheers, in advance,
Ralphy

Our communications with you matter to us. This e-mail and any attachments
are confidential and are sent on the basis of our copyright, e-mail and
security policy which can be inspected at our website at
http://www.tribaldata.co.uk/html/contact.html#6. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender and delete this message.  Thank you.