Alignment of Chords

From: James Keeble
Subject: Alignment of Chords
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:04:03 -0500

Hi,

I'm using lilypond-book to prepare worksheets of music theory.  One of the
things I'd like to do is have the student name some intervals.  So I try
something like

\begin[26pt,multiline,noindent]{lilypond}
\clef treble
% Don't display the time signature
\property Staff.TimeSignature \override #'transparent = ##t
\relative c' {
  < bes'1  ees >
  <a1      f' >
  <c1      ees >
  <e,1     cis' >
  <bes1    bes'>
}
\end{lilypond}

The problem is that some of the intervals are printed properly, while others
are not aligned vertically.  In this case, only the first and third intervals
are printed correctly, all the others have the top note to the left of the
bottom note.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
James