Re: Ties between enharmonic pitches?

From: Ralph Little
Subject: Re: Ties between enharmonic pitches?
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 12:10:20 -0000

Jonas_Lindstr wrote:

> But I cannot nest the slurs. (Why not?) So my third attempt was:

That's an interesting concept, a nested slur!
As a brass player, I can see no situation where a nested slur makes musical
sense.
Perhaps a violin can or a mouth-organ? ;)

The slur is a performance indication, rather than a notational convenience,
and my understanding is that the \( \) phrasing construct is provided for
the circumstance that you are in.

Cheers,
Ralphy

Our communications with you matter to us. This e-mail and any attachments
are confidential and are sent on the basis of our copyright, e-mail and
security policy which can be inspected at our website at
http://www.tribaldata.co.uk/html/contact.html#6. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender and delete this message.  Thank you.