font weirdness

From: David Bobroff
Subject: font weirdness
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 10:33:38 +0000

I've got a couple of weird things happening.

First: I'm faking a tempo marking using the model given in the docs.  This
part, however:

    \translator{
      \ScoreContext
      TextScript \override #'font-shape = #'upright
    }

makes the text following the note appear in a courier/typewriter font which
looks ugly to me.  So I changed "upright" to "roman" and I got all these
warnings:

warning: couldn't find any font satisfying
(#f roman medium roman -1)warning: couldn't find any font satisfying
(#f roman medium roman 0)warning: couldn't find any font satisfying
(#f roman medium roman 0)warning: couldn't find any font satisfying
(#f roman medium roman 0)warning: couldn't find any font satisfying
(#f roman bold roman 0)

It still output a roman font where I wanted it, though, so I guess I can't
really complain.

The other thing is:

I wanted to put in "Tempo Iº" and I got this warning:

warning: can't find ascii character: 186

Character 186 is the little circle.  This, too, came out fine in the
output.  Once again, I can't complain, but it *is* weird.

[Lilypond 1.6.5 under Cygwin]

I also need to move both of the above marking up as they collide with some
music elements.  Padding?

Thanks,

David Bobroff