Guitar Tab Problem

From: Richard Grubb
Subject: Guitar Tab Problem
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 20:05:51 -0600

I generated a two voice guitar score in lilypond 1.6.0. But when I tried to add a tablature staff, I get a bunch of error messages beginning with

/Users/richard/merrily.ly:173:9: error: parse error, unexpected E_CHAR:
fs''4.\1
e''8\1 d''4\2 e''4\1

The documentation says to prefix the string number with the backslash, but something else must be wrong in my input file (attached). I also looked at the test file /var/www/lilypond/src/lilypond-1.6.6/input/test/tablature.ly
Could someone assist me in getting a tablature staff added?

Thanks