Re: extra-offset and finger changes

From: Mark Alexander
Subject: Re: extra-offset and finger changes
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 12:07:07 -0800

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 10:55:52PM -0800, Graham Percival wrote:
> If you want to move #'(finger "1-5"), you'll have to using something
> like Voice.TextScript.

Thanks.  I guess I'll have to learn Scheme and read the internals manual
to understand what to do.  I've been avoiding it but it seems inevitable.

In case anyone's interested, the piece I'm trying to transcribe is
Siloti's piano arrangement of a Bach Organ Prelude in G Minor
(copyright 1924). I put a scanned image of the first page of the
original here:

  http://www.rawbw.com/~marka/prelude_1.jpg

Just in the first two bars there are at least two problems I haven't
solved yet:

* The clef in the upper staff changes from treble to bass before the
  first notes.
* There is a tied chord in a smaller note font, and a footnote reading
  "Depress these notes silently".