Re: extra-offset and finger changes

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: extra-offset and finger changes
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 15:07:40 -0800

On Sat, 28 Dec 2002 12:07:07 -0800
Mark Alexander <address@hidden> wrote:
> Just in the first two bars there are at least two problems I haven't
> solved yet:
>
> * The clef in the upper staff changes from treble to bass before the
>   first notes.

I'd use a spacer rest.

\time 4/4 (or whatever) \partial 32
\clef treble
s32
\clef bass
start real piece here.

> * There is a tied chord in a smaller note font, and a footnote reading
>   "Depress these notes silently".

Last time I checked, footnotes weren't possible.  Instead, you could
- fake it with a \header{copyright="footer_string"}.  You need to have
at least two pages for this to work.  Also note that this only works for
the very first page.
- use lilypond-book and use LaTeX footnotes.

Cheers,
- Graham