Re: Lilypond with teTeX 2

From: Doug Asherman
Subject: Re: Lilypond with teTeX 2
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 11:38:31 -0800

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
I wouldn't expect any problem due to the new teTeX version

I'm not sure it's lilypond at all now. The pfa fonts are fine, and are found. But somehow dvips is using the bitmapped fonts instead of the type1 fonts for text. In the config.pdf file the scaling is set for 8000 dpi, and that just doesn't happen.

If I type this command (which seems to be what ly2dvi is doing):

dvips -Ppdf -G0 -u lilypond.map -omyfile.ps myfile.dvi

I get the following while the file is being processed:

kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 8000 --mag 1+0/8000 --dpi 8000 cmbx 10
mktexpk: Mismatched mode ljfour and resolution 8000; ignoring mode
mktexpk: Can't guess mode for 8000 dpi devices.
mktexpk: Use a config file, or update me
dvips: Font cmbx10 at 8000 not found; scaling 600 instead.

I have to think now that this is some problem with my teTeX setup. According to the PDF config file, Type1 fonts should be preferred, but it seems as if they aren't. I'm getting good Type1 fonts with musiXteX, but...I don't know why.

If anyone can shed light on this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Doug