Re: custom paper size

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: custom paper size
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 10:30:06 +0100

Since ly2dvi only knows about a few specific paper sizes and
gives fairly limited flexibility to determine the paye layout
in general, I recommend to typeset your book using LaTeX and lilypond-book. The following line in the header of the file
should give the correct page size:
\usepackage[paperwidth=4.25in,paperheight=5.5in]{geometry}
Note, however, that dvips may still need some extra flags
to produce the correct page size in the PS file.
Since Lilypond only provides a limited number of font sizes,
it's sometimes convenient to first typeset the score for A4
paper and then rescale the PS file (in that case, don't forget
to use scalable fonts: dvips -u lilypond -Ppdf -G0 xxx.dvi).
Tools such as psresize, pstops, psbook and psnup may also be
very useful.

    /Mats

Jeff Ousley wrote:
Hello!

I'm still very new at lilypond. After reading through
the doc & many newsgroup postings, I'm not sure how I
go about this. I need to create a small music book of
custom size (4.25" x 5.5"). I've tried several things
in the paper block and have not come close to
accomplishing my goal. Is there other reference
material that explains how to do this. Can it be done?

thanks!
-jeff

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing