Re: splitting up music

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: splitting up music
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 21:05:18 -0800

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 08:01:34 -0800 (PST)
Jeff Ousley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is there a way to split up my music on one page? I
> want an antiphon at the top of the page seperate from
> the music/verses at the bottom of the page. The
> anitiphon and verses are quite different. Is there a
> way to force a break or would I do a new score block
> or something else entirely?

A new score is probably the easiest.  You could play around with
spacer rests (s1), or by stacking lots of empty text underneath the
bottom line of your first piece (with _#""_#""_#""_#""_#""_#""), or
a few other ways, but they're all ugly hacks.

A slightly less easy solution, but probably the best one, is to use
lilypond-book.  This could answer some of your other questions, too --
the combination of LaTeX and Lilypond lets you do a lot more than Lilypond
on its own.  It's well worth sitting down and figuring out how LaTeX works.
(it also helps you understand some underlying concepts in Lilypond, too)

Cheers,
- Graham