Re: Creating ossia

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Creating ossia
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 23:28:53 -0800

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 01:12:08 -0500
Stanislav Kogan <address@hidden> wrote:
> What I need is a way to write to versions of the same passage, a choice
> for the performer, so to speak. Usually a piece like that is written on
> to staves, which are slightly smaller than the normal staves. If you
> want, I can post a scan of the passage in question.

See input/test/ossia.ly   (from the top level of lilypond source)

Actually, I might as well email the whole thing...
\score {
\notes { c1 c1 < {\clef "treble" c1 c1 } \context Staff=stb{ c1 c1}>}
}

You can use "\small" to reduce the size of the notes.  Reducing the size of
the staff is also IIRC possible; have a look at the docs for help with that.
This ossia doesn't do the "hanging staff" thing.  I'll be looking into how to
tweak Lilypond to do that in the next couple of months.

Cheers,
- Graham