"HaraKiriLyrics"?

From: Florian Zumbiehl
Subject: "HaraKiriLyrics"?
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 17:04:34 +0100

Hi,

is it possible to do with lyrics what a HaraKiriStaff does with
notes (that is, let it not take up any space where there is no
text)? If this is not possible automatically, a way to do it
manually would do as well. I need this for a piece of choral
music where there often is the same text for several voices,
so I could save quite some space this way.

I already have tried whatever seemed reasonable to me - with no
or just completely "wrong" results. However, I am not that deep
into lilypond (yet), so that hopefully doesn't mean too much... ;-)

TIA and Cya, Florian