Re: font help

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: font help
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:35:57 +0100

Another test:

What does the following command return?
kpsewhich -format='dvips config' lilypond.map

   /Mats

Aaron Mehl wrote:
On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 09:24, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

??? Are you saying that you still don't get the desired fonts?

No no music fonts

Try the following:

Run the command:
  tex testfont
Fill in:
  Name of font to test = feta20
  * \table
  * \bye

Look at the file using xdvi:
  xdvi testfont

Yes I see a table of musical symbols
you should see a table with different musical symbols.

Run
  dvips -Ppdf -G0 -ulilypond.map testfont

Look at the Postscript file using gv (ghostview)
  gv testfont.ps   (or ghostview testfont.ps)
you should see the same result.

No I don't

Try to convert the file to PDF:
  ps2pdf testfont.ps
Also no music
Look at the PDF file:
  acroread testfont.pdf
Again the document should look the same.
right no musical symbols

I tried to send with the attachments but the list doen't like them if
you need to see them I will send them off list.

Aaron

These steps exactly mimic what ly2dvi does internally. If the above
example works, ly2dvi should also work. Otherwise, it could help us
sort out what kind of problems you have.
Ok I hope this helps the files are attached

Aaron

   /Mats

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing