Re: Help with complex format

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Help with complex format
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:52:42 +0100

Why not keep the discussion on the list. I'm sure you're not the only person who wants to do these things and some of your requests may be
solved with tricks that have a more general use as well.

If you browse through the "Regression Tests" document (goto
lilypond.org, click on Documentation:Index and then on Regression Tests)
you will find example files for note heads withing parentheses and how
to change the shape of the note head. I'm afraid there isn't any note
head with double vertical lines, just one with single vertical lines,
but that would be easy to add to the font.

As far as I know, there's no explicit support for dashed bar lines,
even though it would be possible to hack them using inline postscript.
It shouldn't be hard to add support for them.

Use \bar "||" for double bar lines (you can also set the default
bar line layout if you want it for a long sequence of bars).

Letters before staffs are easiest handled using the instrument or
instr properties, see the "An orchestral score" section of the
Tutorial. You can tune the font and layout by setting properties of
the InstrumentName graphical object.

   /Mats

Oscar A. Valdez wrote:
I am trying to set chants for liturgical use, but the formatting by necessity
has to be complex.

I need to be able to print optional notes (in parentheses), chanting notes
(whole notes surrounded by two vertical lines), incised, half, dashed and double
barlines, letters before staffs to indicate chant mode, etc., etc.

If someone is interested and willing to help me, please contact me directly at
address@hidden . I'll be happy to describe in greater detail what I
need to do.

Thanks in advance.

        Mats Bengtsson