Re: splitting up music

From: Jeff Ousley
Subject: Re: splitting up music
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 19:28:18 -0800 (PST)

Graham,

Thanks for this example. Is there a way to put these
two seperate paper blocks on one page? Or, does a
paper block imply a new page? Am I making sense? I'd
like to have two pieces of music on one page. Actually
it's one piece of music with two different sections
(antiphon & melody). Sorry if I'm not being clear
enough.

-jeff
--- Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 19:14:06 -0800 (PST)
> Jeff Ousley <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Is it possible to have multiple score blocks on
> one
> > page? I wasn't aware you could do this. Where do
> you
> > put the paper block?
>
> You can put the paper block in as many places as you
> want.  For paper
> variables that affect the whole page, I'd use a
> paper block at the top
> of the file (then it'll affect all the paper blocks
> in the individual
> scores).
>
> See the attached file as an example of multiple
> scores.
>
> NB: this isn't a good example.  I wrote it a year
> ago, when I didn't
> know much about Lilypond, so it could be done better
> (ie in a nicer
> style, with less redundancy, etc). But it produces
> the output I wanted,
> so I never bothered to update it.  :)
>
> Cheers,
> - Graham