1.6.5 - is this a memory issue? or my mistake?

From: Hans Forbrich
Subject: 1.6.5 - is this a memory issue? or my mistake?
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 22:19:12 -0700

I'm running LilyPond 1.6.5 on Cygwin under Win98.  I'd input some music
( {SA} + {TB} + Piano) and printed it to my satisfaction.   Since the
choir wanted only part transposed, I'd split the voices into "A" and "B"
- "B" being  the section to be transposed.  Now I am currently running
into an issue in the "B" part with warning ...

Adding note head to incompatible stem (type = 8):
 r1 s1 \stemDown f
                         ,2 s2

The questions: Could this be a memory issue? or Is this typical of a
syntax error (mismatched brace/beam/etc.)? (if yes, I'm going nuts
trying to find it!)

I have significant detail, as well as a copy of beoth before & after
files for followup if necessary.

Thanks
/Hans