Re: Debian packages

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Debian packages
Date: 12 Feb 2003 15:29:47 -0500

    David> Right now, there are no usable Debian binaries of lilypond,
    David> because tetex is broken in both stable and testing...

    David> Or have I missed something?  DaveA

I've been running 1.6 on stable (Woody), and switching back to 1.4 for
things that haven't yet been converted to 1.6.  (No, it isn't as
simple as running convert-ly.)  In both cases, they're unmodified
packages.  1.6 is what apt-get gets me, with the line:

deb ftp://ftp.lilypond.org/pub/LilyPond/binaries/debian woody .

and I downloaded the 1.4 and leave it around so that I can install it
with dpkg.

I run the Woody tetex for lots of non-lilypond stuff.  I'm not saying
there are no bugs, but I certainly wouldn't say an unqualified
"broken", and I can't think of any problems as bad as some of the more
notorious Redhat or Mandrake ones.

Are your problems with 1.7?

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139