Re: ArticulationVerticalPos

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: ArticulationVerticalPos
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:50:04 +0100

If you look up "Trill" in the index of the (on-line) reference manual
you will get a link to the section on Articulations and at the end of
that section, you find another link "See also Script". There, you will
find a list of all the properties that can be adjusted on the Script
objects, divided into different categories ("interfaces").
One of these properties, "padding", is exactly what you are looking for.

To change the padding locally (within one stave or just for a few bars),
do something like:
\property Staff.Script \override #'padding = #1.0
To change it for the full score, do
\score{
  \paper{
    \translator{
      \ScoreContext
      Script \override #'padding = #1.0

The general principles for setting properties are described in the
section "Fine tuning a piece" in the tutorial.

   /Mats

Tamas Hegedus wrote:
Hi!

I am new in fine tuning of the lilypond output.
I can not figure out how to change the default vertical position of articulations like staccato, tenuto, trill, mordent.
(e.g. c-. c--)

Thanks for any advice,
Tamás

        Mats Bengtsson