About update of lilypond version 1.6.XX

From: julien
Subject: About update of lilypond version 1.6.XX
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:02:02 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I'm using Lilypond 1.4.1 (with Tex (Web2c 7.3.7) 3.14159 - Kpathsea 3.3.7) on
a Linux SuSe 8.0.
I try to upgrade Lilypond with SuSe Binaries available on your ftp server but
I had lots of problems of dependence, with Latex, Python, Perl(!) and stuff
like this. Finally, I can't update everything because of my glibc version (and
so much incompatibilities in different needed packages). So, I tried to
compile and install Lilypond manually from sources. But the same reasons force
me to give up (lots of problems to find compatible update packages like
kpathsea, tetex, latex,...).

Could you, please, help me with the exact list of needed package of lilypond
and, maybe, where I can find them. And if you have any time, could you please
help me too whith the way to update it on my distribution.

I thank you a lot and congratulate for all your work.

Fontignie Julien.