Re: Changing lyrics' font

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Changing lyrics' font
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:56:57 +0100

Since a point can appear also at the end of a syllable in ordinary
lyrics, the syntax in \lyrics mode requires spaces before and after
the points when you do property settings, like

\property Lyrics . LyricText \override ...

   /Mats

Oscar A. Valdez wrote:
I would like to be able to "override" and "revert" the lyrics' font from bold
back to normal. In this example, I'm trying to do it for the syllable "Di-", but
all I get is a parse error. Can someone point out how to do it?

\score {
  \addlyrics
    \context Staff = Antifona {
  \context Lyrics
    \lyrics {
      To- da la tie- rra te a- do- ra,
      \property Lyrics.LyricText \override #'font-series = #'bold
      Di-
      \property Lyrics.LyricText \revert #'font-series
      os, y sal- mo- dia pa- ra ti,
      can- ta sal- mos a tu nom- bre, Se- nor.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology