Re: Matching stems/slurs on mutliple voices

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Matching stems/slurs on mutliple voices
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 18:36:45 +0100

To remove dots, do the same as you did for note heads but with the
graphical object 'Dots' instead of 'NoteHead'. The slurs can probably
be handled with the attachment property as described in
http://lilypond.org/stable/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Fine-tuning-a-piece.html

I hope you know where to look for documentation of all different
properties and graphical objects? At lilypond.org, click on
Documentation:Index and then on "Documentation of internals".

   /Mats

Hans Forbrich wrote:
How do I set this up correctly: going from a joined dotted-quarter note
to 3 part divisi flagged eigth note, I need to play with the visibility
and stem lengths.  In effect, what I have is:

v1:  cis4.  () fis8
v2:  cis4.  () cis8
v3:  cis4.  () a8

When I place these all on the same staff, I need to

1) supress the "cis4." notehead & stem from v2 & v3
2) suppress the "cis4." dots from v2, v3
3) suppress the "cis8" and "a8" stem and flag from v2, v3
4) lengthen the "fis8" stem (and move the flag) from v1
5) fiddle with the direction and placement of the v2, v3 slurs

No problem with 1, 3 & 5 - but I can't seem to get 2 & 4 right.
Hints/pointers/solution greatly appreciated.

TIA
/Hans

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing