Re: Help request: multiple staffs and lyrics

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Help request: multiple staffs and lyrics
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:43:05 +0100

Take a look at some of the lyrics examples in the tips-and-tricks
document (third time today that I refer to the same document on
the mailing list!). Go to lilypond.org, click on Documentation:Index
and then on tips-and-tricks and search for "lyrics".

    /Mats

Christ van Willegen wrote:
Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Forgot to mention that you also can find this template file
as well as several others at
http://lilypond.org/stable/input/template/out-www/template.html

Ok, I found those... but I still have a question.

When I want to make several stanza's, I need to make seperate lyrics for them, i.e. (to copy from your example)

sopWordsA = \lyrics { hi4 hi hi hi  }
sopWordsB = \lyrics { HI4 HI HI HI  }

Then, I tried this (later on in the example file):
     \context Lyrics = sopLyrs { s1 }
     \addlyrics
       \context Staff = women \context Voice = VA { \voiceOne \sopMusic }
       \context Lyrics = "sopLyrs-1" { \property Lyrics . stanza = "1."
           \sopWordsA }
     \addlyrics
       \context Lyrics = "sopLyrs-2" { \property Lyrics . stanza = "2."
           \sopWordsB }

...but this puts the Soprano text at the _bottom_ of the score. And the Alto lyrics are missing.

I must be mising something obvious (a brain, for instance), but what is it? I tried putting the 2 Lyrics contexts into { }, but this gives me only 1 stanza ... at the bottom. But, the Alto lyrics are there, this time :-)

Putting
   \context Lyrics = "sopLyrs-1" { s1 }
   \context Lyrics = "sopLyrs-2" { s1 }

near the top of the StaffGroup gives me
1.
1. hi hi hi hi
2.
2. HI HI HI HI

at the top of the score...  And the Alto lyrics are missing _again_.

Again, I may be missing a brain here, but can anyone give me a clue about this?

Regards,

Christ van Willegen

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing