Re: special rests

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: special rests
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:49:05 +0100

    Fulko> The rests I would like to use are :
    Fulko> \fetaneomensmaximarest{\char14}
    Fulko> \fetaneomenslongarest{\char15}
    Fulko> \fetaneomensbreverest{\char16}

Fulko> I have two questions about this: Fulko> -how to I select them? (I cannot call them with the normal names such as r4) Fulko> -for the other melody-lines I must force a space. How do I do that for these Fulko> special rests? (I cannot use s4)

I'd look at input/test/rests.ly.  It looks like the answer might be:
        \property Staff.Rest \set #'style = #'mensural

If the durations don't match what you want, you can do
r\longa*1/4 or whatever duration you want.

And then in the other lines, set the rests to be invisible, which I
don't know how to do off the top of my head, but it must be possible.
Or you can probably use s4 if you are doing what I suggest above using
invisible barlines.

I don't understand why you can't use s4. To make an invisible rest,
just set the transparent property.

    /Mats