Re: LilyPond 1.6.8

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: LilyPond 1.6.8
Date: 26 Feb 2003 23:09:41 +0100

Laura Conrad <address@hidden> writes:

> What's the most efficient and public-spirited way to get this for
> debian woody?  I have:
> ftp://ftp.lilypond.org/pub/LilyPond/binaries/debian
>
> in my /etc/apt/sources.list, and the most recent version there is
> 1.6.5.

1.6.8 will be uploaded shortly.  However, if you can manage to build
[future] .debs for woody, that would be nice.

> If I were to download 1.6.8 sources, how would I build a debian
> package from them,

[Make sure you have the necessary development packages:

     # apt-get install binutils cpp gcc libc6-dev g++ \
          libstdc++2.10-dev python libguile-dev tetex-bin \
          libkpathsea-dev tetex-extra flex bison texinfo groff gs \
          netpbm m4 gettext gpg fakeroot mftrace devscripts

 hope that's correct for woody]

Then unpack, and build it:

    $ tar xzf lilypond-1.6.8.tar.gz
    $ cd lilypond-1.6.8
    ... edit debian/changelog, adding new release entry ...
    $ debuild -r fakeroot

> and would it make sense for me to let someone know
> I'd done that so they could put it in the publicly available area?

Yes, make sure to sign your package (debuild will ask you).

Greetings,
Jan.