general questions

From: CHESTER MARZOLF
Subject: general questions
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:05:49 +0800

I am new at trying lilypond and to compound matters I do not know music that
well. I did attempt with fair success at writing a piece that is usable.
I have three problems and I could not find information on them.
1) I get beams on notes that I do not want to have beamed.
2) I have two cords that I want to slur. I can get a bottom slur or a top slur
but I can not see how to place a top and bottom slur on a chord.
3) I have a two cleft piece (treble and bass) with lyrics. The lyrics are
placed at the bottom of the bass cleft. I would like them in the center of the
clefts.

The piece I am writing is a hymn and that is what I would like it to resemble.

Thanks.
Chester L Marzolf
SpeedyChet
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup