Re: Offset in line numbers when report errors (lilypond 1.7.13) ?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Offset in line numbers when report errors (lilypond 1.7.13) ?
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 01:17:44 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> No, I think it's a real bug.
>
> Consider this:
>
> \score{\notes{
> c4 c c c c | c c c c c | c c
> }}
>
> We should get "bar check error in line 1", right?
> -----
> /home/gperciva/tmp/foo.ly:0:12: warning: barcheck failed at: 1/4:
> c4 c c c c |
>              c c c c c | c c

I think this bug was recently fixed. Which 1.6  do you have ?

The original questioner was right, the way errors are reported in 1.6
is off.  Sometimes, the parser looks ahead to determine what a phrase
means, so often you get errors the wrong location. The approach in 1.6
reports the previous token, which is confusing if it is at the end of
the line, and the error is on the next line. I reverted this
particular issue in 1.7 CVS

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen