Re: Lyric verse naming

From: Thomas Willhalm
Subject: Re: Lyric verse naming
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 14:51:27 +0000

Laura Conrad wrote:

>     Thomas> According to the docs, this should be the abbreviated form of
>     Thomas>                \property LyricsVoice . stanza = "1."
>     Thomas> However, my experience shows that they are different.
>
> No, the .stz form specifies that a verse number is to be put at the
> beginning of every line; the .stanza form is what to put at the
> beginning of the vers.

This coincides with my experience: stanza for the beginning of the vers,
stz for the remaining lines. However, in
http://lilypond.org/stable/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/Stanza_number_engraver.html#Stanza_number_engraver
it says:
  stz (markup (list or string)):
       Abbreviated form for a stanza, see also Stanza property.
Probably, one should fix the docu.

Thomas