great! now I have other questions ...

From: Stef Epardaud
Subject: great! now I have other questions ...
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 14:04:31 +0100

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 01:23:10PM +0100, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> Go to lilypond.org, klick on Search and enter "line break" and
> "bar number", respectively and follow the top links.

Thanks, I am stupid not to have used the search, I just went and looked
in the reference manual and overlooked it.

Now I have other questions, I get my time signature printed at the end
of this first line, how can I force this one to be on the next line ?
I also have a really funny thing with whole-measure rests: my score is
in \time 17/8 and it starts with two empty measures. To get this I seem
to need
 R8*17
 R8*17
 R8*17
three times, for some reason. Probably I did not understand the meaning
of the R symbol.
And last question, I do not seem to be able to put text on top of the
resting measures with ^"160bpm" like R8*17^"160bpm" or so. I need to put
it on the first note, which makes the tempo appear only at the third
measure. Again I suspect I am doing it wrong.
--
# Stef Epardaud, # Teachers have potentially more power than military,
# Java Defeater  #   the former can teach us how to not need the latter.