Re: caesura

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: caesura
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 14:39:44 +0100

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
address@hidden writes:

Paul, do you have an example you could scan in or something?

I gave this in my second post in this thread:

It is ID113 in unicode visible here: http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U1D100.pdf

Are you sure? That looks more like the symbol used to separate
systems. Do you have a scan of the symbol in action?  It's not listed
in Kurt Stone, and Heussenstam gives a handwriting example, that is
more vertically sloped and thinner, like two penlines.

If you look at the end of the standards document above, the
symbol is clearly named ceasura. I'll check the typesetting
books I have at home tonight.

   /Mats