Re: MusicXML

From: Ryurick M. Hristev
Subject: Re: MusicXML
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 07:48:38 +1300 (NZDT)

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> "Ryurick M. Hristev" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >> 1. in MusicXML slurs can span from one voice to another.
>
> This makes no sense, imho.  It can only be tricked in LilyPond.  I
> would suggest for MusicXML to get fixed.
>
> > It make sense to me as being a legato starting on the left
> > hand and continuing on the right one.
>
> But this is something else.  A Voice can switch staffs, of course.

As I said I'm not an expert so I don't know this stuff very well.
It could be a representation trick, but from the timing signature
it looks like the slur is spanning voices, not one voice spanning
staffs.

Ryurick M. Hristev mailto:address@hidden
Computer Systems Manager
University of Canterbury, Physics & Astronomy Dept., New Zealand