Re: quick note insert in Emacs

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: quick note insert in Emacs
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 06:37:02 -0500

On Tuesday 11 March 2003 05:28 pm, you wrote:
> I didn't follow this whole thread but what is sly and is there a
> pared down/easier version of Lilypond.
> I am not doing any mulitpart work only songs with text and I would
> prefer a simpler subset of Lilypond if there is one.
>
> I was using abc notation but need to have my lyrics in hebrew, this
> limits my options with abc.
>
> Thanks
> Aaron
Check my website.  Sly is an editing tool, a trivial
script so you can enter your notes in this fashion
to make parts for inclusion in an .ly file.

meas 1 |  voice  |  lyrics  |  chords
meas 2 |  voice  |  lyrics  |  chords
meas 3 |  voice  |  lyrics  |  chords

When splitting up the parts they can be filtered,
so it is possible to pass values to the tweaks of
your choice.

I don't know how to make a Windows version, but
anyone who could do that could probably write
a different program to do the same thing in less
time.  Actually, you can do it with a decent editor
without any program at all.

--
Lies are the first casualty of peace.
Vive la France!