Re: lilypond-book margins yet again

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond-book margins yet again
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:24:03 -0800

On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 13:16:22 +0100
Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:
> The default in ly2dvi is to use 1cm margins both to the left and the
> right, which is much smaller than the default margins for ordinary
> documents in LaTeX. If you want the same, just say
> \usepackage[margin=1cm]{geometry}

While writing my resume, I stumbled across what I was missing: the
nohead and nofoot command (trying to make it all fit onto one page).

When I use this:
\usepackage[margin=1cm,nohead,nofoot]{geometry}
my ly2dvi two-page score remains two pages when I use lilypond-book.
When I used only [margin=1cm], it was three pages.

> somewhere before \begin{document}. I don't see what's so complicated
> about this use of the geometry package.

My previous experience with LaTeX involved things like this:
\geometry{textwidth=296.900mm,textheight=210.000000mm}
\oddsidemargin=0in
\textheight=9in
\topmargin=0in
\voffset=0in
\topmargin=0in

That's why I thought that the margins were complicated to set.  The two
LaTeX guides I downloaded didn't mention the geometry package.  :)

Cheers,
- Graham