Re: multiple \scores in a lily-book included file?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: multiple \scores in a lily-book included file?
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 13:51:57 -0800

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 10:49:28 -0700
Hans Forbrich <address@hidden> wrote:
> Any reason for needing separate 'score' starts.  It seems you want to
> use the'sequential' capability, something like

The scale example was the simplest to explain, but I agree that it
doesn't really need seperate score entires.  However, other things _do_
need multiple score blocks.  For example, consider a Minuet and Trio.
In some (or most?) publications (I'm thinking of Mozart stuff, rather
than baroque music), there's a block of music which is the trio, then a
line break and a new block of music.  Something like this:

minuet  ============
================:||:

That's simple to do with two \score blocks, but it'd be extremely
difficult to do with only one \score block.

Cheers,
- Graham