Re: Clef change before first note

From: Daniel Ashton
Subject: Re: Clef change before first note
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 18:50:07 -0500

Graham Percival wrote:

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 18:21:13 -0500
Daniel Ashton <address@hidden> wrote:
I need an organ right-hand staff in which the first symbols are

  G clef, key signature, time signature, F clef, eight rest, notes, etc

The G clef is not visible. How can I force the G clef to show up, then display the F clef as a (smaller) clef-change symbol?

You could probably get it with a spacer note:

\clef G
\key a \major
\time 17/16
\partial 16 s16
\clef F
r8

True, and I hadn't thought of it. Thanks. However, you get a barline. I added \bar "" to get rid of it.

  \partial 8 s8 \bar ""

This seems to render a fairly acceptable result, but it really feels like a hack. Is there a less convoluted solution?

Notice that the problem is only seen when doing a temporary clef change before the first note or rest. After the first note or rest the clef change works just fine, leaving the initial clef visible as expected.

Thanks again for your ready answers, Graham.

--
Daniel Ashton      PGP key available     http://Daniel.AshtonFam.org
mailto:address@hidden         http://ChamberMusicWeekend.org