Re: Multi-voice grace note work-around? Also abc2ly questions

From: Hans Forbrich
Subject: Re: Multi-voice grace note work-around? Also abc2ly questions
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 08:54:00 -0700

Grace notes ... If this is the same problem, it has been recently discussed
under title "Problems with grace notes, barlines, accidentals" and is
documented as a bug.  Effective workaround seems to be to place a grace
'skip' note in each staff/voice at the same place.

I have noticed the same types of concerns with midi2ly - I have no
experience with abc2ly and I did not expect more out of a midi source.
Hopefully the new NoteEdit release will help us out ... I have not read
about or installed NoteEdit but I would not mind a abc2ly > noteedit >
lilypond cycle, assuming NoteEdit can handle .ly input.  Anyone else have
experience?

/Hans