Re: How to remove first score indentation?

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: How to remove first score indentation?
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:56:07 -0500

On Tuesday 18 March 2003 08:55 am, Laura Conrad wrote:

>     Han-Wen> address@hidden writes:
>     >> I made `quote' the default to imitate the previous behaviour
>     >> of the old TeX code in lilypond.
>
>     Han-Wen> Something did change though; the LilyPond manuals are
> now Han-Wen> filled with overfull hbox rules.
>
> And the "quote" behavior indents at both the left *and* the right
> margins, which is not the old behavior, or any behavior I've seen
> anywhere else in either TeX or music publishing.

See the HDM under "root", page 652.  If you paste a musical
example into text, you are going to center it if it doesn't fill
the text width, and least if you have two columns you will.
Maybe it's better just to explain what \quote/
noquote does and why and leave it at that.  It certainly
doesn't bother me now that I understand it.  It's for quoting
substantial blocks of text, as an alternative to quotation
marks.  Similar to quoting lyrics or poetry, although that
wouldn't be justified.
If it is a serious inconvenience in doing the docs,
it's not worth it.
DaveA

--
Lies are the first casualty of peace.