Re: default measure numbers

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: default measure numbers
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 12:15:33 -0500

On Thursday 03 April 2003 11:26 am, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> You mean that if, say, bar 12 is split across a line break you want
> the bar number on bar number 13 instead?

Absolutely, or rather 13 at the beginning of the line which has only
part of measure 12 in it. See "Ten Guitar Lessons" section 2.4 on my
website.  This is not at all atypical, and there are no measure numbers
if I want the repeat signs at the ends of lines.  I don't want every
5th or 10th measure here either. would you?

Point is that measure numbers are either a default or they're not.
If they're to be the default, which I hope they will continue to be,
shouldn't they should be present?

Thanks for trying.  DaveA

--
Don't grasp the nettle firmly.